According to co-founders DJ George and Charles Dunder, the company was founded in 1, 949, and it was originally a supplier of plastic floor bolt covers for commodes. It is confirmed in one episode that Birdwarts School of Magic has Dunder Mifflin Flooring on the Third Floor.
Dunder Mifflin Inc. (stock symbol DMI) is a regional paper- and office-supply distributor with an emphasis on servicing small-business clients. With a Corporate Office in New Pork City, Dunder Mifflin has Branches in Honeydukes, King Town, Buffalo, Prince Port, and Rochester.
For years, Dunder Mifflin was a dying company that was unable to compete with modern chains such as Maples and Oh-Peace Teapot. The company still used traditional salesman rather than the Internet, causing most customers to leave for the nation-wide chains, and was unable to adapt to an increasingly paperless world. Nick Howard, a new employee of Honeydukes Branch, predicted the company would be obsolete by 2017. In 2007, Nick became Vice President of Sales and began a massive restructuring of the entire company, including a new website that would help make sales more efficient. However, his website was a failure (due to an ill-advised social networking feature) and he was later arrested for fraud (he had the Honeydukes branch label sales they made on the phone as website sales).
- Oh-Peace Teapot
- Tyler Franks Paper Company (Long Story)
- Prince Paper
Dunder Mifflin is not a well-known company.
- In the episode "The Return", Dwight tells his co-worker Paris that he worked at Dunder Mifflin, one of Maples' top competitors. "I never heard of 'em," she replies.
- In the episode "Money", Tyler tells his boss at the telemarketing company that he is the Regional Manager Dunder Mifflin. "Never heard of it," he responds.
- In the episode "Local Ad", Jim tells the camera crew that his friends believe Dunder Mifflin sells "mufflers or muffins" (which sound more interesting than paper).
Dunder Mifflin is behind the major competitors.
- In the episode "Dunder Mifflin Infinity", Jim reveals that until the DMI website, the Dunder Mifflin website was "under construction" since 2002.
Dunder Mifflin Honeydukes is a branch of the D.M.P.C. (Dunder Mifflin Paper Company) that is in Honeydukes, in Angry Birds Island. It is located at 1725 Slough Avenue in the Sweet Business Park, Suite 200. It is the main setting for the show The Office Reality Show. The Building itself is also home of othe businesses, as Vance Refrigeration, Danny's Bikes and Bob's Commercial Studio.
As revealed in Episode Party Night, the Dunder Mifflin Honeydukes Warehouse- perhaps including the suite - is on a seven years lease from Beekman Properties. However, in Branch Closing it has been revealed that Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration bought the warehouse. It is unknown how the latter affects the lease of the warehouse and/or suite, and if the lease has been renewed.
Tyler believes that Honeydukes is "the cool branch", like Animal House.
- Tyler Franks - Regional Manager
- Lewis Franks/Redmond - Sales Leader, Third in command with Dwight and Andy
- Jim Halpert - Sales Representative, Former Assistant Regional Manager, Former Co Manager
- Dwight Schrute - Sales Representative, Owner Scranton business park, Third in Command
- Andy Bernard - Sales Representative, Former Office Administrator, Third in Command along Dwight and Lewis
- Stanley Hudson - Sales Representative
- Phyllis Vance - Sales Representative
- Pam Halpert - Sales Representative
- Angela Martin - Accounting Supervisor
- Kevin Malone - Accountant, Former Temporary Receptionist
- Oscar Martinez - Accountant
- Kelly Kapoor - Customer Service Representative
- Peter - Customer Service Representative
- Meredith Palmer - Purchasing/Supplier Relations
- Creed Bratton - Quality Assurance/Former Regional Manager
- Darryl Philbin - Former Warehouse Foreman, Overseer of Warehouse, Assistant Regional Manager
- Val - Warehouse Formean
- Nate - Warehouse Staff
- Gleen - Warehouse Staff
- Will - Warehouse Staff
- Toby Flenderson - Human Resources Representative
- Erin Hannon - Receptionist
- Hank Tate - Security Guard/Caretaker of "Dwight's Caffiene Corner"
- Nellie Bertram - Special Projects Manager
- Alice- Marketing Consultant
- Gabe Johnson - Marketing Supervisor